Friday, November 7, 2008

RSS Simplicity - Thang No 8.

So I started out thinking I was really simple Selwyn (RSS), mostly because I have once again allowed my RSS feed to reach 1000+ in Google Reader. I'm much better at adding feeds than actually checking them. As a hedonist, I consider it my duty to indulge all kinds of things - techno toys (Lifehacker or Boing Boing), my 23ers (you guys), and Reader's Advisory (Give 'em What they Want). I'm also testing Evanced feeds at the moment - that's what I'm on top of most of all at the moment, along with the reader's advisory feeds.

I do like RSS coming to me instead of bopping around 20 websites or so. The only downside is sometimes it's akin to the Sunday NYTs - too much to examine in one sitting. Just need to develop my skimming skills a little more and a little more often.


Photo credit from Flickr Commons - NYT by Mezzoblue

No comments: